BSc in Applied Chemistry: University of Jinan, China
BSC Graduation Project (Thesis): Synthesis and Electrochemical Characterization of LiV3O8 as a Cathode Material for Lithium Batteries
MSc in Chemistry: Simon Fraser University, Canada
MSc Thesis Title: Proton transport in short side chain perfluorosulfonic ionomer membranes.
My principal research interests lie in the field of investigating the relationship of structure and property of conducting membranes and membrane fabrication techniques. I am currently studying the impact of polymer structure upon membrane water transport properties in the proton-exchange membrane fuel cells and anion-exchange membrane fuel cells.
List of Publications:
- X. Y. Luo.; S. Holdcroft. Journal of Membrane Science 2016, 520, 155.
- X. Y. Luo, L. Ghassemzadeh and S. Holdcroft, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 40 (2015), 16714-16723 (Special issue).
- L. Ghassemzadeh, T. J. Peckham, T. Weissbach, X.Y. Luo and S. Holdcroft, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2013, 135, 15923-15932.
- J. Peron, D. Edwards, M. Haldane, X. Y. Luo, Y. M. Zhang, S. Holdcroft and Z. Q. Shi, Journal of Power Sources, 2011, 196, 179-181.
- X. Luo, S. Holdcroft, A. Mani, Y. Zhang and Z. Shi, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2011, 13, 18055-18062.
Selected Oral Presentations:
- X. Y. Luo, S. Holdcroft, Internal and interfacial water transport of short side chain perfluorosulfonic acid membranes, Department of Chemistry, SFU, Canada.( 2014)
- X. Y. Luo, T. Peckham, Z.Q. Shi, Y. M. Zhang and S. Holdcroft, Proton transport in short side chain perfluorosufonic acid membranes, CSC 2012, Calgary, Canada. (2012)
Selected Poster Presentations:
- X. Y. Luo, Wright.W., Weissbach.T., Britton B., S. Holdcroft, Water transport through anion exchange membranes-the impact of membrane interface , The 19th Annual PCAMM Meeting (Pacific Centre for Advanced Materials and Microstructures), Simon Fraser University, Canada.(2015)
- X. Y. Luo, S. Holdcroft, Internal and interfacial water transport of short side chain perfluorosulfonic acid membranes , The 18th Annual PCAMM Meeting, University of British Columbia, Canada.(2013)
- X. Y. Luo, S. Holdcroft, The effect of temperature and relative humidity on proton transport in short side chain perfluorosulfonic acid membranes, Asilomar, California, USA (Feb. 2013)
- X. Y. Luo, S. Holdcroft, The effect of temperature and relative humidity on proton transport in short side chain perfluorosulfonic acid membranes, Department of Chemistry, SFU, Canada.(2012)
- X.Y. Luo, T. Peckham, Z.Q. Shi, Y.M. Zhang and S. Holdcroft. Effect of Ion-exchange Capacity on the Proton Conductivity of Perfluorosulfonic Ionomers, December 2010, Hawaii, USA.( 2010)
- President scholarship of SFU (2016 Spring)
- The graduate fellowship of SFU (2013 Spring)
- Winner of Vancouver academic presentation titled as " Fuel cell applications", Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Vancouver, Canada, (2012)